The board of advisors of the Bertie-Hertford Community Foundation announced local scholarship and grant awards from its community grantmaking fund at a recent reception, according to Laura Beasley, board president.
The Bertie-Hertford Women's Fund, a program of the Bertie-Hertford Community Foundation, also announced grant awards, according to Penny Rose, president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Pregnancy Care Center of Ahoskie for Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies incentive project
- First Presbyterian Church/Ahoskie Food Pantry for First Presbyterian Church/Ahoskie Food Pantry
- Good Shepherd Food Pantry of Bertie County for distribution of peanut butter on a monthly basis
- Girl Scout Council of Colonial Coast for girl scout troops in Bertie and Hertford counties
- Roanoke Chowan Christian Women's Job Corps for A Hand Up Not A Hand Out
- First Presbyterian Church/Ahoskie Food Pantry for Power Pack Ministry
- Youth Bertie Backpack Program for Youth Bertie - Backpacks and Beyond
Recipients of the M.C. Ashe Family Scholarship include:
- William Cumbo
- Daquan Blythe
Beasley thanked the community for its support of the Bertie-Hertford Community Foundation. “These grants and scholarships are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Bertie-Hertford’s community fund.”