The board of advisors of the Brunswick County Community Foundation announces 2015 awards from its community grantmaking fund, according to Karen Anderson, board president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Matthews Ministry: $520 for the Backpack Program
- Brunswick Family Assistance Agency, Inc: $520 for the Emergency Food Pantry
- Communities in Schools: $520 for the Action for Success program
- North Carolina D.A.R.E. Officers’ Association: $520 for program supplies
- Brunswick Community College Foundation: $500 for the I am Extraordinary Conference for young girls
- Jack Helbig Memorial Foundation: $500 for Water Safety Education
Anderson thanked the community for support of the Brunswick County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Brunswick County’s community fund.”
The Brunswick County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the Brunswick County Community Foundation, which is administered by the NCCF. Contributions should be made payable to the Brunswick County Community Fund and mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, Landmark Center, 4601 Six Forks Road, Suite 524, Raleigh, NC 27609. Contributions can also be made online using this page.
For information on the Brunswick County Community Foundation and its community fund, contact Angie Brewer, regional associate, at 910-509-7256.