The Carteret Community Foundation (CCF) honored ten local nonprofits at its annual grant awards reception Nov. 11 at The Dunes Club, Atlantic Beach.
Pat Rauhauser, CCF president, applauded the efforts of the groups. “The mission of the Carteret Community Foundation is to ‘enhance the quality of life in Carteret County through giving,’” she said. “We are so pleased to be able to support the great work of these charities and their dedicated volunteers because they make life better for every citizen in our area.”
Rhonda Scibal and Terry Robertson co-chaired the CCF grants reception and noted that the grants would not be possible with out the support of individuals and businesses in the community. “Our local donors are key to the success of this annual grants program,” said Robertson, “Every dollar the Carteret Community Foundation raises stays right here in Carteret County to support these great organizations.”
The 2014 grant recipients and their programs:
- Beaufort Historical Association, Inc. – “English Double Decker Bus Tour Enhancements”
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Coastal Carolina – “Great Futures: More Members, More Often”
- Carteret County Domestic Violence Program, Inc. – “Domestic Violence Safe House Project”
- Carteret County Historical Society, Inc. – “Auditorium Audio Redo, phase 2”
- Coastal Community Action, Inc. – “Medical Transportation, Information & Referrals”
- Coastal Pregnancy Care Center – “Lifeguard Program TM”
- Crystal Coastal Autism Center – “Social Skills Group”
- Friends of the Aging of Carteret County – “Home-Delivered Meal Program”
- Hope Mission of Carteret County – “The Ice Zone”
- Muscular Dystrophy Association – “MDA Summer Camp”
The CCF was established in 1984 and it is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation (NCCF). For more information, please call Kim Ball, NCCF regional associate at 252-288-5706.