The board of advisors of the Cary Community Foundation announces seven grant awards from its community fund, according to Carla Liberatore, board president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients are:
- Dorcas Ministries for Educational Assistance 2012
- Cary Band Boosters Club for band instruments and uniforms
- Cary Creative Center for outreach programs and events
- Lucy Daniels Center for the Family Support Fund
- The Carying Place for support of children of homelessness
- The Center for Volunteer Caregiving for “The Companion” newsletter
- Miracle League for the Creating Miracles on the Ball Field program
Liberatore thanked the community at a recent Cary Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting that hosted the nonprofit grantees. “These grants are essential to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “The Cary Community Foundation is proud to support the nonprofits that are working hard to make our community a better place. Their work is extremely important to so many of our citizens.” (See the slideshow of the Cary breakfast here).
Tax-deductible contributions can be made payable to the Cary Community Foundation, and mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, 4601 Six Forks Road, Suite 524, Raleigh, NC 27609. Contributions can also be made online at NCCF's website.
For information on the Cary Community Foundation, contact Jeanne Lawson, Northern Piedmont Regional Associate, at 919-256-6914.