Photographed on the home page L-R: Laird Hepburn, board vice president, awards a grant to Alice Lutz, executive director of Triangle Family Services.
The Board of Directors of the Cary Community Foundation announces seven grant awards from its community fund, according to Carla Liberatore, board president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Assistance League of the Triangle Area: For Operation School Bell
- CORRAL Riding Academy: For educational materials and equipment
- Triangle Family Services: For the DOSE program
- Hospice of Wake County: For outdoor sculpture for Children’s Grief Support
- Activate Good: For the Pro Heroes Initiative
- Cary Creative Center: For the C3 Reuse Capacity Building Program
- Wake Robotics: For a development planning study
Liberatore thanked the community at a recent Cary Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting, where the nonprofit grantees were invited to attend. “These grants are essential to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “The Cary Community Foundation is proud to support the nonprofits that are working hard to make our community a better place. Their work is extremely important to so many of our citizens.”
The Cary Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Tax-deductible contributions can be made payable to the Cary Community Foundation and mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, 4601 Six Forks Road, Suite 524, Raleigh, NC 27609. Contributions can also be made online at www.nccommunityfoundation.org.
For information on the Cary Community Foundation, contact Carla Liberatore, Cary Community Foundation Board Chair, at 919-244-1000; or Beth Jenkins, NCCF Vice President for Development, at 919-256-6932; or visit the NCCF website at www.nccommunityfoundation.org and click on “Affiliates.”