An organization must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of government. An exception is made to include fire and rescue departments.
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Faith-based organizations may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large. See restrictions below.
- Only those organizations that serve the counties within our affiliate network will be considered. If an organization serves multiple counties within our network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
Grants are not awarded for:
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Loans or reimbursements
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
For more information about this program, please contact Colby Martin, NC Community Foundation Regional Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to the Unifour Foundation Endowment
All grant applications must be submitted electronically, using the NC Community Foundation’s online grant system. Below you will find instructions for how to do so and then, a link to our online system. Be sure to read these instructions carefully first.
First, you must create an account profile. For assistance with creating your account, please click here to view the training slides.
Once your profile is created, you will be directed to your dashboard. Click on the word “Apply” in the upper left-hand corner.
You will arrive at a page with information about applying for a grant from NCCF and an alphabetical list of all of NCCF’s grant programs. Look for “Unifour Foundation – 2017” and click on it to access the application.
If you would like to preview the application questions before you begin, please click here.
If you have any technical questions regarding accessing and using the system, contact D’Wayne Wilkins at email@example.com.