The Columbus County Community Foundation has awarded more than $5,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations during the 2014 grant application cycle.
“This year our board members visited several of the grantees to thank them for their service to the community and to present grant checks to them,” said Geoff Hopkins, Columbus County Community Foundation board president. The following grants were awarded this year:
- American Red Cross - Cape Fear Chapter, Disaster Relief to Columbus County residents
- Columbus County Arts Council, Creative Columbus
- Columbus County DREAM Center, Inc., Circles of Hope Columbus County
- Columbus County Literacy Council Inc., general operating support
- Families First, Inc., Safe Dates
- Prevent Blindness NC, Star Pupils
- Wildlife Action, Inc. - NC State Chapter, projector and screen for presentations for youth educational programs.
Since 2004, the Columbus County Community Foundation has awarded more than $83,000 in grants to local nonprofits. Foundation board members are Geoffrey R. Hopkins, President; Henry J. Edmund; Kathy Baker, Randy Britt; Dr. Jim Dimuzio, Becky High, Gary N. Kramer; Terray Suggs and Andy Wayne. The Columbus County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation, which provides support and management services to a number of local endowment funds.
Anyone wishing to learn more about the Columbus County Community Foundation and its services to the community may contact a local board member or call the North Carolina Community Foundation’s Southeastern office at (910) 509-7256.