The CCCF has made 2014 awards from its community grantmaking fund, the Richard Chapman Cleve Fund and the Nelson Family Memorial Endowment Fund, according to Mrs. Alice Tolson, CCCF board president.
Grants totaling $108,700 were awarded in a ceremony Aug. 25 at First Citizens Bank, New Bern. This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Autism Society of NC, Inc.
- Catholic Charities (Senior Pharmacy program)
- Coastal Carolina Chamber Music Festival
- Coastal Carolina Healthcare Foundation
- Coastal Women’s Shelter
- Craven Co. Partners in Education
- Craven County Recreation & Parks
- Craven Literacy Council
- Craven Smart Start
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC
- Merci Clinic, Inc. (Dental-Bridging gap)
- Merci Clinic, Inc. (Filling a Need)
- New Bern Firemen’s Museum
- YMCA (Summer Day Camp)
- North Carolina Extension and Community Association
- NC Symphony Society, Inc.
- Prevent Blindness, NC
- Promise Place
- Public Radio East
- Radio Reading Service of Eastern NC
- RCS of New Bern, Inc.
- Reviving Lives Ministries of New Bern
- Tryon Palace Foundation (Spring 2015 Art Workshop)
- Tryon Palace Foundation (Independence Day)
- Tryon Palace Foundation (Autumn-Art Workshop)
- Tryon Palace Foundation (Christmas Workshop)
- Uptown Business and Professional Association, Inc.
- Vanceboro Farm Life (students w/disabilities)
John Kirkland, CCCF board member and grants chair, thanked the community for support of the Craven County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” he said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Craven County’s community fund.” He added that the CCCF was also thankful for the legacy of generosity left by the Cleve endowment and the Nelson Family Memorial endowment.
The Craven County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the Craven County Community Fund, which is administered by the NCCF.