The board of directors of the Craven County Community Foundation announces 2015 awards from its Community grant making fund, the Richard Chapman Cleve Fund and the Nelson Family Memorial Endowment Fund, according to Mrs. Alice Tolson, CCCF board president.
Grants totaling $115,630 were awarded in a ceremony Monday evening, Aug. 24th at First Citizens Bank, New Bern.
Nonprofit award recipients include:
- Backpack Blessings
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Coastal Carolina
- Catholic Charities for Senior Pharmacy
- CCHC Foundation for Smoking Prevention
- Coastal Carolina Chamber Music Festival
- Coastal Women’s Shelter
- Craven County Partners in Education
- Craven County Rec & Parks
- Craven Literacy Council
- Craven Smart Start
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC
- Merci Clinic for Bridge the Gap
- Merci Clinic for Dental Clinic
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- N.C. State Engineering Camps at CCC
- New Bern High School Girls Lacrosse
- New Bern Police Dept. Citizen Volunteers
- North Carolina Symphony Society
- Prevent Blindness NC
- Promise Place
- Public Radio East
- Religious Community Services
- Tryon Palace
John Kirkland, Craven County board member and grants chair, thanked the community for support of the Craven County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” he said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Craven County’s community fund.” He added that the Craven County Community Foundation was also thankful for the legacy of generosity left by the Cleve endowment and the Nelson Family Memorial endowment.
The Craven County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation, (NCCF). Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the Craven County Community Fund, which is administered by the NCCF. Contributions should be made payable to the Craven County Community Fund and mailed to P.O. Box 3411, New Bern, NC 28564.