The board of advisors of the Duplin County Community Foundation announces $7,160 in local awards from the community grantmaking fund.
This year the board will grant:
- $1,000 to Pet Friends of Duplin County for the spay and neuter program
- $1,000 to the Duplin County Sheriff's Pffoce DARE Prgram for general operating support
- $1,000 to Duplin Christian Outreach Ministries for the Feed Our Hungry Children and Summer Backpacks programs
- $650 to the American Heart Association for the CPR In Schools: Training the Next Generation of Lifesavers program
- $1,260 to the Duplin County Cooperative Extension for the Duplin County 4-H Summer Camp program
- $1,000 to the Diversity Nurtures Achievement Community Youth Center for the Stem-ing Your Way To Success at DNA's Summer Enrichment program
- $550 to the Kenansville Eastern Missionary Baptist Association for the community outreach program
- $700 to the Meditation Center of eastern Carolina-Duplin for the youth enrichment program
Bob Kornegay, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Duplin County Community Foundation. "We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so important to our community," he said. "We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported the Duplin County Community Foundation and our work to inspire philanthropy across our community."