The board of advisors of the Franklin County Community Foundation announces its 2015 grant awards from its education fund and community grants fund, according to Bob Powell, board president.
This year’s education mini-grants totaled $2,380 and recipients included:
- Princess Richardson of Franklinton Elementary School for Color My World
- Vicki Pritko of Bunn High School for Real Life Applications of Math
- Sonja Avena of Long Mill Elementary School for Art in the Garden
- Valerie Hawthorne of Cedar Creek Middle School for A Taste of History
- Cheryl Henry of Cedar Creek Middle School for How Dense are We?
- Lacy Coley of Royal Elementary for Exploring Robotics-Legos
- Lisa Barham of Bunn Elementary School for Focus in on Math
- Kelly Sari of Bunn Middle School for 3D Printer
- Jennifer Spillman of Crosscreek Charter School for Makers and Movers
- Laura Jane Stewart of Bunn Middle School for Stability Balls
This year’s community grantmaking recipients included:
- American Red Cross for their Emergency Services Program that will respond to Franklin County residents when faced by disaster; and
- Care & Share Center, Inc. to be utilized for proper storage of food items.
Powell thanked the community for support of the Franklin County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our local schools and community as a whole,” he said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Franklin County’s community fund.”