The board of advisors of the Granville County Community Foundation is hosting a wine tasting on Friday, Nov. 4, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Stovall’s Gifts, located at 100 Main St. in Oxford.
The event will feature a variety of wines and cheeses, heavy hors d’oeuvres made by Helen Mitchell and a 10% discount on all store purchases made that evening.
Tickets are available for $30 each and can be purchased from Stovall’s Gifts, the Royster & Cross law office and Fidelity Bank. Tickets are also available from any board member. Board members include: Everett Byrd, Jim Cross, Andrea Endrusick, Stanley Fox, Tom Houlihan, Paige Little, Gerald Lloyd, Kathy May, Harry Mills, George Ritchie, Sam Royster, Janet Slaughter, Martha Sneed, Donna Ware, Dave Williams, Bishop Richard Williams and Xavier Wortham.
Proceeds from the event will go to the Granville County Community Foundation’s community grantmaking fund, which supports local nonprofit organizations by awarding annual community grants. A partial list of past grant recipients includes:
- Area Congregations in Ministry
- Autism Society of NC, Inc.
- Granville County Extension Volunteer Association
- Granville County Historical Society Museum
- Henderson Community Concert Association
- Remnant Community Development Corporation
- St Cyprian's Episcopal Church
- The Humane Society of Granville County
- Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church Outreach Ministry
- Girl Scouts NC Coastal Pines, Inc.
- Granville County Schools
- Prevent Blindness NC