The Granville County Community Foundation proudly hosted this year's non-profit grantees at a luncheon at the Oxford Housing Authority October 23rd. Grantees received applause and sincere thanks from the Board for the work they're doing in all parts of Granville County. Receiving grant money for their projects were:
- Area Congregatiions in Ministry (ACIM), for the purchase of refrigerators, freezers and computers
- Granville County, for its financial literacy program
- Granville County Etension Volunteer Association, for its BackPack Buddies program
- Isaiah 58 12 Project, for its Second Chance program
- Mt. Vernon Missionary Baptist Church Youth Department, for its Hope2 program to assist elderly citizens
- National Society to Prevent Blindness, for its Star Pupils program, which provides vision screening for Granville County school children
- Polk Community Resource Council, for its Sharing is Caring Project for correstional facility staff and inmates
- Remnant Community Development Corporation, for children's book bags and school supplies
- St. Cyprian's Episcopal Church, for the Latino Multi-Service Center
- Total Community Fire Department of Berea, for audio-visual equipment and educational support
- Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church of Butner, for its Reach Ministry food pantry
- WIICCA/Oak Hill Heritage House, for the Heritage House Museum project.
The grantees thanked the Board for their support of their projects.