The board of the Greene County Community Foundation announces recent awards from its community fund, according to Dora Pasour, Grant Chair. The 2014 nonprofit recipients include:
- Greene Central High School FFA, “Display tables for Horticulture plants”
- Greene County Friends of the Library, “iPads for Early Literacy”
- Greene County Interfaith Volunteers, Inc., “Hunger Program”
- Greene County Museum, “Spreading the Word"
- Greene Early College High School, “GEC Environmental Education”
- Greene County Extension Service, “Green Community Garden”
Pasour thanked the community for support of the Greene County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of the many individuals and organizations that have supported Greene County’s community fund.” The awards were presented at the Greene County Chamber of Commerce’s Business After Hours on Nov. 3rd.
The Greene County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the Greene County Community Fund, which is administered by the NCCF. Contributions may be made payable to the Greene County Community Fund and mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, Regional Office, P.O. Box 3411, New Bern, NC 28564. Contributions can also be made online.
In the photo on the Greene home page are 2014 grantees: Front row L-R: Carolyn Newcomb, Laura Exum, Jake Melnyk (all from Greene Early College), Laquita Davis, Greene County Library; Saron Ginn, Greene County Museum; Back row L-R: Shenile Ford, Greene County Community Garden; Rodney McNeill, Greene Early College; Louis Dail, Interfaith; Gene Riddle, Community Garden; Henry Pasour, Greene Central High School FFA.