The board of directors of the Lenoir County Community Foundation announces 2014 grant awards from its community grantmaking fund, according to Marc McConnell, board president.
“We had a lot of requests this year, and we are lucky to have the Foundation’s endowment fund to provide resources to meet some of these needs,” he said.
The Lenoir County Community Foundation awarded $5,460 in grants to seven local initiatives:
- The Salvation Army of Lenoir County – General Operating Support
- The Gate – Jobs for Life Program
- NC Cooperative Extension – Lenoir Co. Farmer’s Market Annex Enhancement
- Make A Wish Foundation of ENC, Inc – Wish Granting in Lenoir Co.
- Lenoir-Greene Partnership for Children – Reach Out and Read
- Greene Lamp, Inc. – Marvin B. Spence Library Project
- Autism Society of NC, Inc. – 2014 Camp Royall Scholarships
McConnell noted that the Foundation counts on local support to sustain the annual grants. “Our local donors are key to the success of this annual grant program,” said McConnell. “Every dollar the people of Lenoir County deposit into the endowment fund stays right here in Lenoir County to benefit and support our local nonprofits.”
Since the LCCF was established in 1996, the foundation and its associated funds have awarded more than $226,000 in grants to local nonprofits. Foundation board members in addition to McConnell are Greg Hannibal, Vice-President; Caroline Roberts, Secretary; Julian Pridgen, Treasurer; Dr. Brantley Briley, Leraine Collier, Skip Greene, Earl Harper, Chris Henderson, Mary Jo Jefferson, Adrian King, John Marston and Sue Novicki. Director Emeriti include David S. Brody, Dr. Jack Harrell, Kay T. Harrell and Barbara S. Perry