The board of advisors of the Macon County Community Foundation announces 2015 awards from its community grantmaking fund, according to Regina Lupoli, board president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients are:
- Blue Ridge Mountain Dental Clinic - $1,000.00 for Hygienist
- Community Care Clinic of Franklin - $1,500.00 for Free Clinic
- Fontana Regional Library - $500.00 for Reading Rover
- KIDS Place - $1,000.00 for general operating support
- Literacy Council of Highlands - $1,000.00 for Franklin tutoring
- Macon County Art Association - $500.00 for Children’s art classes
- Macon TRACS - $1,000.00 for Therapy Riding Over Trails
- Prevent Blindness NC - $1,260.00 for Macon County Star pupils project
- REACH of Macon County - $1,530.00 for Victim Services
- The Bascom - $500.00 for Education Initiative
- The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center of Highlands - $2,500.00 Mental Health
- The Gordon Center for Children - $1,000.00 for Student scholarship fund
Lupoli thanked the community for support of the Macon County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Macon County’s community fund. We only wish we could have assisted more organizations.”
The Macon County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the Macon County Community Fund, which is administered by the NCCF. Contributions should be made payable to the Macon County Community Fund and mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, Landmark Center, 4601 Six Forks Road, Suite 524, Raleigh, NC 27609. Contributions can also be made online here.
For information on the Macon County Community Foundation and its community fund, contact Sue LeLievre, regional associate, at 828-538-4299.