The board of advisors of the Montgomery County Fund announces $27,130 in local awards from the community grantmaking fund.
This year the board will grant:
- $1,500 to Montgomery County Schools for the back-to-school rally
- $3,000 to Montgomery Community College for the English Language Learners Childcare and Homework Help Center
- $3,000 to the Montgomery County Partnership for Children for the MCPC Lending Library K-3 STEM Learning program
- $1,000 to the Muscular Dystrophy Association for the MDA summer camp program
- $1,500 to Montgomery County Schools for the Montgomery County DARE program
- $1,200 to Montgomery County Early College High School for the MCEC freshmen leadership camp
- $2,000 to Central NC Council, Boy Scouts of America for the Montgomery County ScoutReach program
- $1,500 to Trinity Music Academy for a named scholarship program
- $5,000 to Page Street Elementary School for Rachel's Challenge
- $650 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for the Star Pupil's Montgomery County program
- $6,780 to Communities in Schools of Montgomery County for student support services and general operating support
Sharon Matheny, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Montgomery County Fund. "We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so important to our community," she said. "We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported the Montgomery County Fund and our work to inspire philanthropy across our community."