The board of advisors of the New Hanover County Community Foundation announces more than $50,000 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- "Bread for Life..."
- Brigade Boys & Girls Clubs
- Communities In Schools of Cape Fear
- Cucalorus Film Foundation
- DREAMS of Wilmington
- Family Promise of the Lower Cape Fear
- Girl Scouts - North Carolina Coastal Pines
- Kids Making It, Inc.
- Lower Cape Fear Hospice
- NourishNC Inc.
- Phoenix Hometown Hires
- Prevent Blindness North Carolina
- Reach Out and Read
- Wilmington Family YMCA
Eldridge Dodson, board president, thanked the community for its support of the New Hanover County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported New Hanover County’s community fund.”