Editor's note: Photographed on the home page are 2013 grant recipients: front row (l-r): Edie Reed, Broad Street Clinic; Patricia Suggs, Beaufort Historical Association; Glenda Riggs, Carteret County Domestic Violence Program; June McClendon, Hope Mission; and A.L. Flemming, Cape Lookout Marine Sciences High School. On the back (l-r) are: Jim Juhn, Station Club Enterprise; Dewayne Reynolds and Jody Willis, Boys and Girls Club of Coastal Carolina; Dora Jones, Coastal Community Action; Laura Lee Davis, Girl Scouts NC Coastqal Pines; Gene McClendon, Hope Mission; and Beth Nitt, Carteret Literacy Council.
The Carteret Community Foundation honored ten local nonprofits with $23,450 in grants at its annual awards reception Nov. 7 at The Dunes Club in Atlantic Beach.
Pat Rauhauser, president of the Carteret Community Foundation, applauded the efforts of the groups. “The mission of the Carteret Community Foundation is to ‘enhance the quality of life in Carteret County through giving,’” she said. “We are so pleased to be able to support the great work of these charities and their dedicated volunteers because they make life better for every citizen in our area.”
Richard McIntyre, chairman of the Carteret Community Foundation grants committee, noted that the grants would not be possible with out the support of individuals and businesses in the community.
“Our local donors are key to the success of this annual grant program,” said McIntyre. “Every dollar the Carteret Community Foundation raises stays right here in Carteret County to support these great organizations.”
The 2013 grant recipients and programs awarded were:
- Beaufort Historical Association, Inc. – “Landscaping at the Beaufort Historic Site”
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Coastal Carolina – “ImageMakers”
- The Broad Street Clinic Foundation – “Nebulizers for Patients with Pulmonary Disease
- Cape Lookout Marine Science High School – “ Technology Lab”
- Carteret County Domestic Violence Program, Inc. – General Support
- Carteret Literacy Council – General Support
- Coastal Community Action, Inc. – “Medical Transportation, Information and Referrals”
- Girl Scouts NC Coastal Pines, Inc. – “Girl Scout Community Outreach Program, Carteret County
- Hope Mission of Carteret County, Inc. – “Mission Tables and Chairs”
- Station Club Enterprise –“Education, Health and Wellness”
For more information about the Carteret Community Foundation and its services, please call NCCF Regional Associate Kim Ball at 252-288-5706 or email her.