The Onslow Caring Communities Foundation awarded more than $8,600 to local nonprofit organizations through its annual community grant program.
“These grants help organizations that are providing pivotal services in Onslow County,” said Board President Steve Wangerin. ”The Foundation Board has worked hard to build our local endowment fund so we can continue to provide these grants to local nonprofits.
“All the money we raise in Onslow County stays here, and we are pleased to support the organizations that give so much back to our community.”
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Onslow Community Outreach - Onslow Outreach Planned Giving Program
- Jacksonville-Onslow Sports Commission - General Operating Support for Strategic Planning
- Onslow Literacy Council - Annual Tutor Training
- Belgrade Community Action Association - Focus on the Future – Board Development
- United Way of Onslow County - Board Connect Initiative
- Possumwood Acres Wildlife Sanctuary - NC Wildlife for Kids educational program
- City of Jacksonville – Onslow Youth in Philanthropy Initiative
- Onslow County Cooperative Extension 4-H – 2013-2014 Robotics Team Support
Since 1999, the Onslow Caring Communities Foundation has distributed more than $176,000 in grants to local nonprofits through its annual competitive grant process. The Foundation has also worked with families and nonprofit organizations in Onslow County to establish 20 endowment funds and building a local philanthropic asset base of more than $4.4 million.
Local board members are Steve Wangerin (President), Budda Howard, Dr. Todd Fischer, Glenn Hargett, Rod Martin, Dr. Kenneth Morgan, Sr., Debbi Ray Rouse, Julee Efird Sewell, John Stevenson, Neil Thompson, Boyd Tisdale and Dr. Greg Williams.
Anyone wishing to learn more about the Onslow County Community Foundation may contact a local board member or call the North Carolina Community Foundation’s Southeastern office at 910-509-7256.