The board of directors of the Chowan Community Funds, an Affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation announces 2012 awards from the Ann L. Sams Fund as administered by the Community Foundation Affiliate, according to Robin Sams, board president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Shepard-Pruden Memorial Library received a grant of $2,000 to purchase books for children, nonfiction for the 21st Century students.
- The Food Bank of the Albemarle received a grant of $500 to develop a local food sourcing program.
- Albemarle Hopeline received a grant of $800 to support the needs of women through the Power to Improve program.
- Edenton Historical Commission received a grant of $2,700 to support ongoing repairs to the Barker House, with installation of the gutters.
- Animal Welfare of the Albemarle Region received a grant of $200 to support the needs of the Chowan Spay-Neuter program.
- The Chowan/Perquimans Smart Start Partnership received a grant of $400 to help with the Child Health Project to improve awareness and participation with well-child checkups and age appropriate screenings.
Robin Sams thanked all the grantees at recent awards program held at the Barker House. “We were challenged to award grants within the criteria established by the donor and to address the many issues brought to our awareness by this grants process. We were pleased to be able to award nearly $6,600 from the Ann L. Sams Fund this year”.