The North Carolina Community Foundation is sponsoring a fund-raising campaign that will benefit from a special match and boost local grantmaking among participating affiliates (listed below).
The June 1-30 campaign is called the Chairman’s Challenge and is made possible through a generous donation from an anonymous donor. Any resources raised for the participating affiliates’ community grantmaking funds during the month of June will receive a proportional share of a matching pool, which currently totals $75,000.
Those interested in giving to your local affiliate’s campaign can click GIVE NOW on any of our website pages or go here for more online, mail or fax instructions. Checks also can be mailed to NCCF, Chairman’s Challenge, 4601 Six Forks Road, Suite 524, Raleigh, NC 27609. Please indicate the name of the affiliate you’re supporting in the memo line. Gifts must be postmarked June 30, 2013, to be eligible.
We invite you to look for ways to become involved and support the community grantmaking fund held by the participating affiliate foundation where you live, like to vacation or want to support.
If you need to be reminded why NCCF affiliates’ local grantmaking funds are such important resources in communities throughout the state consider these points:
- Local dollars stay local.
- These charitable tools make it easy for donors to have an impact on needs.
- Leaders who best know your community – our affiliate boards – decide how these grants will be allocated to meet local needs.
- Community endowments capture the collective power of local donors.
- These funds provide a perfect way to leave a legacy in your community.
Affiliates participating in Chairman’s Challenge 2013: