The North Carolina Community Foundation just wound up a June fund-raising campaign that featured a special match and gave a healthy boost to local grantmaking among participating affiliates throughout the state.
A total of $93,300 was received in donations to affiliates. Add the generous $75,000 match from an anonymous donor and the sum of $168,300 will be proportionately divided among affiliates for local grantmaking in their communities.
An email from Stuart Dorsett, NCCF statewide board chair, praised the affiliate effort to garner statewide contributions. “This is a great tribute to your hard work and a testament to the power of local philanthropy!” he wrote to affiliates last week.
Beth Boney Jenkins, NCCF vice president of development, extended appreciation to all who supported the campaign. “We thank everyone who gave to the matching campaign,” she said. “Every gift will make a difference.”
Some interesting campaign metrics include:
- Total number of gifts received: 413
- Every NCCF region had participating affiliates
- The Western and Sandhills regions had the most affiliates involved
- The Sandhills region had every affiliate participate
- Top five performing affiliates: