- Eligible schools include: Fayetteville State University, NC State University, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Pembroke, UNC-Wilmington, and East Carolina University.
- Grant awards will range from $250,000 to $500,000. It will be important for applicants to scale amounts requested according to scope and impact.
- The grant term will be three (3) years, at which time recipients will be expected to report the number of jobs created, jobs retained, and/or wages increased as a result of their proposal’s implementation.
- The process will begin with a letter of inquiry (LOI). Each school may submit up to three (3) LOIs. No more than three (3) will be accepted.
- The deadline for LOIs to be submitted is NOON on January 20.
- A grant committee representing the NC Department of Commerce, the UNC System, and Duke Energy will review the LOIs and determine which proposals will advance to submit a full proposal.
- Schools will be notified in mid-February 2015 if their LOIs advance to the full proposal round.
- Full proposals will be due at the end of March 2015.
- At the end of April 2015, the grant committee will review the proposals and invite applicants to present their full proposals to the committee and answer questions.
- Awards will be announced in May 2015.
Applying to the Duke Energy University Grant Program
All letters of inquiry and/or grant applications must be submitted electronically, using the NC Community Foundation’s online grant system. Below you will find instructions for how to do so and then, a link to our online system. Be sure to read these instructions thoroughly and carefully first.
To begin, you must create an account profile. For assistance with creating your account, please click here to view the training slides.
Once your profile is created, you will be directed to your dashboard. Click on the word “Apply” in the upper left-hand corner.
You will arrive at a page with information about applying for a grant. Look for an “Access Code” box. Enter: univwfd.
Then, a link to the letter of inquiry form or the grant application, titled “Duke Energy University Grant Program”, will appear. Click on that link to access the proper form and follow the instructions to complete and submit it.
If you would like to preview the questions before you begin, please click here.
If you have any questions about the program or the process, please contact Leslie Ann Jackson at email@example.com.
If you have any technical questions regarding accessing and using the system, contact D’Wayne Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.