Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Before beginning the conversation, ask yourself these questions to help qualify your clients’ needs:
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community or a particular cause?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in establishing a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation but worried about cost, regulatory compliance and administrative complexity?
- Would they want to remain personally involved in the use of their charitable dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefits available under federal law for their charitable contributions?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management and community expertise?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about the North Carolina Community Foundation. We’d be happy to help you start the conversation. Email Beth Boney Jenkins, Vice President of Development, or call her at 919-256-6932. Or email Mary Morgan, Philanthropy Counsel, or call her at 919-256-6909.