Our grantees since we began:
Nonprofit recipients were awarded $17,000 and included:
- $1,500 to Communities in Schools of Moore County for its program to help female high school students "discover their voices;"
- $2,000 to Girl Scouts of NC Coastal Pines for its Moore County Outreach Program to eliminate financial barriers to participation;
- $3,500 to Sandhills Moore Coalition for Human Care for its Shoes for Students, which will provide new shoes to school-recommended elementary school students in Moore County;
- $5,000 to Northern Moore Family Resource Center to expand its HOPE Academy to three-year-olds;
- And $5,000 to The Arc of Moore County to provide resources to meet extraordinary needs for single mothers with children with disabilities.
A total of $15,000 was awarded to four nonprofit organizations our first year of granting:
- Communities in Schools of Moore County – sharing ways for children at risk to “reach new heights”
- Girl Scouts – NC Coastal Pines - purchase uniform pieces and other insignia for two local troops in Midway and Southern Pines.
- Northern Moore Resource Center – HOPE (Harnessing Opportunity-Promoting Education) through a preschool project.
- Partners for Children & Families – providing free age-appropriate books to the children and families with the most need.