The Women’s Impact Network of New Hanover County, a women’s giving circle formed in partnership with the North Carolina Community Foundation, has announced its 2014 grants cycle with a focus on health and wellness needs of New Hanover County residents.
The Network invites area non-profits to submit a letter of inquiry explaining what a program might be able to do with a one-time grant of up to $32,000. Network members will use the letter of inquiry to identify organizations that most closely match the funding interests of the Women’s Impact Network.
2014 Letter of Inquiry Procedures
Deadline: Letters of Inquiry must be emailed on or before Friday, April 4, 2014.
Important: Submitting a Letter of Inquiry does not guarantee formal consideration for funding. Letters of Inquiry only provide us with preliminary information. After reviewing the Letters of Inquiry and conducting other research, the Women’s Impact Network Grants Committee will invite selected organizations to complete a full grant proposal. If an agency is selected to submit a formal application, they will be notified by April 30th, and full applications will be due to the North Carolina Community Foundation by Sunday, June 15, 2014.
Letter of Inquiry Form: Please complete the LOI form, which serves as your Letter of Inquiry. Organizations may submit only one Letter of Inquiry.
Funding Priorities: The intent of the Women’s Impact Network is to award grants that have the potential for high impact, resulting in significant positive change in the community. Women’s Impact Network members are especially interested in:
- Projects that address health and wellness needs of New Hanover County residents
- Creative and non-traditional approaches to meet these needs.
- Proposals that offer opportunities to collaborate and foster partnerships with more than one local organization, as well as leverage other funding sources.
- Projects that demonstrate the ability to achieve measurable results and have a high probability of successful continuation beyond the grant period and/or are replicable.
- Organizations must be located and provide services in New Hanover County.
- Applicants must qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of government.
- Organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief nor be a religious organization that serves exclusively sectarian purposes.
Click here for the 2014 Letter of Inquiry invitation.
Click here for the 2014 Letter of Inquiry proposal form (required for submission).
For more information about the Women’s Impact Network of New Hanover County, please contact Patricia Lawler, Regional Associate, North Carolina Community Foundation, at (910) 509-7256 or email@example.com.