The board of advisors of the Vance County Community Foundation announces 2013 awards from its community grantmaking fund, according to Patricia Newhouse, board president. This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- Make a Wish Foundation for wish-granting in Vance County,
- Prevent Blindness for their Star Pupils program,
- Girl Scouts NC – Coastal Pines, for their Community Outreach efforts,
- Henderson Collegiate Charter School for a reading program,
- Southern Vance High School’s Robotics Team, for equipment, and
- Youth Christian Center, for their Saved and Sexually Responsible program.
Newhouse thanked the community for support of the Vance Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Vance County’s community fund.”
The Vance County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the Vance County Community Fund, which is administered by the NCCF. Contributions should be made payable to the Vance County Community Fund and mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, Landmark Center, 4601 Six Forks Road, Suite 524, Raleigh, NC 27609. Contributions can also be made online at www.nccommunityfoundation.org.
For information on the Vance County Community Foundation and its community fund, email Katie Crumpler, NCCF regional associate, or call her at 919-256-6914.