The board of advisors of the Vance County Community Foundation announces $7,130 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund.
This year’s nonprofit recipients are:
- $2,000 to Embassy Cultural Center Foundation, Inc. for Hairspray - A Multicultural Musical at Henderson's McGregor Hall
- $1,000 to Girl Scouts - North Carolina Coastal Pines for Vance County Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- $1,880 to Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Commission for promotional banners
- $750 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Vance County
- $1,500 to S.a.M. Child Advocacy Center for general operating support
Fagan Goodwin, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Vance County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Vance County’s community fund.”