Women for Women of Pitt County is seeking proposals from charitable organizations in Pitt County for services benefitting women and girls. Applications for this program will be accepted with a cycle that opens on Feb. 2, 2024, and closes at NOON on March 5, 2024. Awards will be made in May 2024.
This Fund intends to support proposals for efforts that are designed to achieve the following goals:
- Empower women and girls to achieve their full potential
- Assist women in achieving economic self-sufficiency through a wide range of options
- Prevent violence against women and girls
- Promote the health, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being for women and girls
- Encourage enhancement and participation of women and girls in our community
- Create opportunities for the economic, educational, social, artistic and personal growth of women and girls
Learn more about past grant recipients.
Applicant organizations must:
- Be nonprofit organizations that are qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, classified as a unit of government, including public schools, or be a church. Nonprofit organizations which are not classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3) public charities, but which are fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) public charity, are also eligible and must include a letter from the sponsoring organization in their application that verifies the relationship, describes the nature of the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Offer programs and services without discrimination of any kind.
- Be located in Pitt County.
- Offer services benefitting women and/or girls in Pitt County.
Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Programs/activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
- General operating support for religious entities or government organizations
- The fund intends to make grants in 2024 totaling $103,000. Grant awards range from $5,000 to $15,000.
- Organizations may only submit one application during each open cycle.
- Grant terms are one year.
Applications for this program will be accepted with a cycle that opens on Feb. 2, 2024, and closes at NOON on March 5, 2024. Awards will be made in May 2024.
How to apply
All proposals must be submitted electronically, using the NC Community Foundation's online grant system. Below you will find instructions for how to do so, and a link to our online system. Be sure to read these instructions carefully before you begin.
- First, you must create an account profile. For assistance with creating your account, view the training slides. If your organization already has an account in NCCF's online system, please do not create a new one, and use your current account information to log in.
- Once your profile is created (or you have logged-in to an existing account), you will be directed to your dashboard. Click on the word "Apply" at the top of the page.
- You will arrive at a page with information about applying for a grant from NCCF. In the upper right-hand corner, you will see an "Access Code" box. In that box, type the code: w4wpittco. Then, click on the Enter Code button. NOTE: The Access Code is case-sensitive.
- The page will refresh, and a link to the application process, titled "2024 Women for Women of Pitt County", will appear. Click on the blue Apply button to access the application form, which is only available during the program’s open cycle. For assistance adding an application, view the training slides.
We recommend reviewing the application in its entirety prior to applying in order to familiarize yourself with the information required. The application is accessible in the online system, before and during the open cycle by clicking the “Preview” button. You must complete the steps above first.