The boards of advisors of the Bertie-Hertford Community Foundation and the Bertie-Hertford Women's Fund announce $8,560 in local awards.
This year the boards will grant:
- $2,485 to the Ahoskie Food Pantry for general operating support & power pack
- $1,485 to the Bertie County Arts Council for the Arts Education Expansion program
- $1,200 to the NC Cooperative Extension for the Learn to Swim program
- $1,485 to Roanoke Chowan Christian Women's Job Corps Inc. for the A Hand Up - Transitional Housing program
- $1,485 to Good Shepherd Food Pantry for the peanut butter distribution program
- $210 to the Ahoskie Library
- $210 to the Blue Jay Fire Department for equipment and training
Penny Rose, Women’s Fund of Bertie-Hertford chair, thanked the members of the women’s fund for its support. “We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so important to our community,” she said.
Laura Beasley, BHCF board president and NCCF statewide grants chair, thanked the community for its continued generosity. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported the Bertie-Hertford Community Fund and our work to inspire philanthropy across our community,” she said. Beasley was recognized during a recent grants reception for her service of 10 years as the Bertie-Hertford Community Foundation president. John Tayloe, current Vice President will take the help in January 2019.