The boards of advisors of the Northern Albemarle Community Foundation and the Women Givers of Northeastern North Carolina announce $25,430 in local awards from its community grantmaking fund.
This year the boards will grant:
- $2,500 to the Albemarle Commission Senior Nutrition Program for the Meals on Wheels program
- $2,000 to Albemarle Hopeline for general operating support
- $1,500 to Albemarle Family YMCA Summer Camp program
- $500 to Arts of the Albemarle for summer camp scholarships
- $4,500 to the Boys & Girls Club of Elizabeth City for the Summer Brain Gain Summer Camp program
- $3,000 to Elizabeth City First United Methodist Church, Inc. for the La Casa Summer Reading Camps program
- $1,500 to Kids First, Inc. for the Child Abuse Treatment project
- $2,500 to the Perquimans County Mentoring/Restitution Group for the Youth Mentoring program
- $1,800 to the Perquimans County Schools Foundation, Inc. for the Partners In Education program
- $1,000 to the Perquimans County Schools Foundation, Inc. for the Water Turtles - Swim Lessons for Kindergarteners program
- $650 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for the Star Pupils Northern Albemarle program in Gates County
- $1,980 to the River City Community Development Corporation for the Group Workcamp Home Repair program
- $1,000 to SPCA of Northeastern North Carolina for the Hope Care Fund for Homeless Animals
- $1,000 to Special Olympics North Carolina for Special Olympics North Carolina in Camden, Gates, Pasquotank and Perquimans counties
Ann Hoffman, Women Givers of Northeastern NC co-chair, thanked the women givers for its support. “We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so important to our community,” she said.
James Watson, NACF board president, thanked the community for its continued generosity. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals that have supported the Northern Albemarle Community Fund and our work to inspire philanthropy across our community,” he said.