Rockingham County Community Foundation received a second grant from Duke Energy in the amount of $250,000 in 2016 to facilitate a grant program to benefit the Dan River Basin in Rockingham County. The second round of grantmaking from this grant will occur in early 2017. Please see below for details.
This grant program seeks to fund programs/projects that address one or both of the following:
- Enhance community beautification and maintenance and have a measurable impact on increasing tourism, business and population growth
- Support environmental education projects that have a visible impact to the local community
- i.e. create outdoor classrooms or environmental signage along trails, walkways along or near river
- Local 501c3 nonprofit (NGO) organizations
- Local governmental organizations (towns, schools, etc.)
- Geographic area: All of Rockingham County
- $25,000; however, organizations can apply for multiple projects. Organizations applying for multiple projects should notify Dawn Neighbors, NCCF Regional Director for Rockingham County, of their prioritization for the projects.
- One-time project ready to begin quickly and finalize within 12 months
- Salaries and other operating/administrative costs
- Capital expenditures, unless they are a small percentage of the total project and if they are necessary for the project and will continue to serve in its original capacity as a long-term resource for future projects.
The next cycle for this program will open on January 17, 2017 with a deadline of NOON on February 15, 2017.
All applications must be submitted electronically, using the NC Community Foundation's online grant system. Below you will find instructions for how to do so, and a link to our online system. Be sure to read these instructions carefully before you begin.
First, you must create an account profile. For assistance with creating your account, please click here to view the training slides.
Once your profile is created, you will be directed to your dashboard. Click on the word "Apply" in the upper left-hand corner.
You will arrive at a page with information about applying for a grant from NCCF. In the upper right-hand corner, you will see an "Access Code" box. In that box, type the word: danriver. Then, click on the Enter Code button. NOTE: The Access Code is case-sensitive.
The page will refresh, and a link to the online portal, titled "Dan River Basin grant program for Rockingham County", will appear. Click on that link to access the application and follow the instructions to complete and submit it.
A printer-friendly version of the questions is available to you once you have set up an account and entered the portal for this program.
Ready to Apply?
Click Here to access the NCCF online system.
If you have questions about the program, contact Dawn Neighbors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have technical questions regarding accessing and using the system, contact D'Wayne Wilkins at email@example.com.