The board of advisors of the Columbus County Community Foundation recently announced $7,328 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund.
This year the board granted:
- $1,000 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Columbus County
- $582 to Living Hope Pregnancy Support Services for Earn While You Learn Incentive Program
- $1,000 to Wilmington Family YMCA for Girls on the Run program expansion
- $1,000 to Lake Waccamaw Food Ministry for general operating support
- $1,000 to Columbus Baptist Association for Toy Store 2019
- $582 to Columbus County Sheriff’s Office for 2019 Project Lifesaver
- $582 to Matthew 25 at Tabor City, Inc. for support for families staying at the facility
- $1,000 to Columbus County Literacy Council for each One Teach One
- $582 to Columbus County DREAM Center, Inc. for Six Weeks of STEAM!
Becky High, board president, thanked the community for its continued support of the Columbus County Community Foundation. “We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so vital to the community,” she said. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported our work to inspire philanthropy across our community.”