Job Opening: Regional Director, Southeastern Region
The North Carolina Community Foundation is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has made $116 million in grants since its inception in 1988. We are seeking a new member of the team in our Southeastern region.
NCCF is seeking candidates for the Regional Director – Southeastern Region. This role, based in our Wilmington office, serves our affiliated community foundations in the counties of Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender, Robeson and Sampson. The Regional Director serves as the primary liaison between NCCF and the affiliates, leading and facilitating their work to increase charitable giving in their communities, enhancing their roles as community leaders and assisting with their grantmaking. A core component of this job is engaging donors in fulfilling their charitable interests. Strong preference is given to candidates with knowledge of and a connection to our southeastern region.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and focus on these main areas:
I. Affiliate Board Development and Community Leadership
- Lead and facilitate the work of local affiliate advisory boards to advance philanthropy in their communities and increase local grantmaking dollars.
- Serve as primary liaison between affiliate boards and NCCF.
- Plan and help facilitate advisory board meetings with affiliate board and committee chairs.
- Help identify opportunities for collaborative initiatives with other funders, nonprofits, local government, businesses, faith-based communities and other groups.
II. Grantmaking and Scholarships
- Work with affiliate boards to conduct grantmaking that meets community needs and leverages opportunities for greatest impact.
- Conduct training for grantseeker organizations and maintain appropriate records.
III. Donor Engagement and Development
- Work with fundholders (donors) to implement the charitable objectives of their funds, including grantmaking and scholarships.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date recordkeeping regarding affiliate and donor funds and grant records.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Women’s Impact Network of New Hanover County for its membership and grantmaking.
The ideal candidate will:
- Exhibit passion for NCCF’s mission of expanding philanthropy
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of five years’ work experience in philanthropic or nonprofit sectors
- Be a strategic thinker with proven ability to lead and implement affiliate strategic plans
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate local leadership and act as effective representative of NCCF
- Exhibit ability to collaborate both internally with NCCF and community partners
- Exhibit superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Be able to travel throughout the region, and hold a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- Be able to work during non-standard hours for meetings and events
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity to work with a committed, engaged team.
Are you this ideal candidate? Please email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com No phone calls, please. Deadline for submittal is Dec. 23, 2016. NCCF is an equal opportunity employer.NCCF is an equal-opportunity employer
The North Carolina Community Foundation is committed to ensure and provide equal employment opportunities for all people employed by or seeking employment with NCCF without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender, national origin, veteran status or any other protected category under state or federal law.