We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a CFO position
The chief financial officer (CFO) is responsible for leadership, stewardship and management of the financial and accounting matters of the NC Community Foundation including: financial accounting, budgeting, reporting and long-range planning; internal controls, vendor and service provider management; and technology management. The CFO studies, analyzes and reports on trends, opportunities for expansion and projection of future growth. This position reports directly to NCCF’s President/CEO.
The CFO manages, motivates and mentors the accounting team which currently includes the Controller and Sr. Accounting Specialist as well as the IT Manager. In our Foundation the Chief Investment Officer works alongside the CFO to lead the investment strategy for the Foundation.
The successful candidate:
- Possesses full understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) that apply to the nonprofit industry.
- Demonstrates proven management skills, ability to inspire, motivate and hold accountable the accounting team.
- Exhibits the highest level of professionalism, stewardship and integrity.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; has ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands.
- Demonstrates ability in creating realistic project budgets and timelines;
- Is adaptable and able to meet the demands of a dynamic culture that continues to operate with increasing sophistication;
- Is focused on internal and external customer service excellence.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or related degree
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years supervisory and management experience, nonprofit environment preferred
- Strong computer skills. Experience in systems design and network administration a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a committed, engaged team. Are you this ideal candidate? Please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please. Deadline for submittal is March 31, 2017.
NCCF is offering a paid summer internship to assist with our grantmaking and scholarship programs. The Foundation prefers to fill this position with a first-generation college student, but any interested student is welcome to apply.
This position provides valuable experience in the field of philanthropy and an opportunity to learn about the grantmaking and scholarship processes, from application to award to reporting. NCCF is committed to providing an internship that contributes towards Foundation goals while allowing the individual to experience the full spectrum of community foundation activities in ways that are most relevant toward his/her own career development.
The individual in this position will report to the Director of Grants & Scholarships and will work in NCCF’s Raleigh Headquarters office located at 3737 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 460, Raleigh, NC 27612. The pay offered is $12 per hour for 16-20 hours per week beginning in May and working for 12 weeks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support within the online grants and scholarships systems
- Verifying grantee eligibility to receive Foundation funding
- Creating materials for use by community grant making committees and scholarship administrators
- Preparing supporting documentation for grants and scholarship distributions
- Data entry to facilitate processing of grants and scholarships
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Strong organizational skills, including high attention to accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Positive approach to working with others
- Strong verbal communication ability
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Aptitude for database management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Appreciation for North Carolina’s nonprofit and philanthropic sectors
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include “Grants & Scholarships Internship” on the subject line. No phone calls, please.
NCCF is offering a paid summer internship to assist with our communications and marketing initiatives.
This position provides valuable experience in philanthropy and offers an opportunity to learn about communications and marketing at a statewide nonprofit funding institution. NCCF is committed to providing an internship that contributes towards Foundation goals while allowing the individual to experience Foundation activities that are most relevant toward their own career development.
The individual in this position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Specialist. This role is in NCCF’s Raleigh Headquarters office located at 3737 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 460, Raleigh NC 27612. The pay offered is $12 per hour for 20 hours per week for 8 weeks. Flexibility in work hours is offered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research, conduct interviews and write about Foundation activities, grantees, donors, programs and areas of funding for publication in print and online
- Write news releases and other PR documents
- Create and update content for the Foundation’s website and social media
- Manage an editorial archives listing
- Take photos and upload to various web-based communications vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will hold these qualifications:
- Excellent writer and editor; knowledge of AP Style
- Well-organized, independent worker
- Understanding/knowledge of basic principles of public relations
- Willingness to work hard and build a great portfolio
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Willingness to learn proprietary CMS to post copy to the web
- Appreciation for North Carolina’s nonprofit sector
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships quickly
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Intern” in the subject line by April 17. No phone calls, please.
NCCF is an equal-opportunity employer
The North Carolina Community Foundation is committed to ensure and provide equal employment opportunities for all people employed by or seeking employment with NCCF without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender, national origin, veteran status or any other protected category under state or federal law.