The board of advisors of the Johnston County Community Foundation announces $42,050 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund.
This year’s nonprofit recipients are:
- $2,000 to Autism Society of North Carolina for 2017 Camp Royall scholarships
- $2,500 to Boys & Girls Clubs of Wayne County for Street SMART
- $1,700 to Children's Home Society of North Carolina, Inc. for family recruitment
- $1,500 to Clayton Cultural Arts Foundation - Clayton Youth Theater for Clayton Youth Theater's 10th Anniversary production of "Little Shop of Horrors"
- $3,557 to Community & Senior Services of Johnston County, Inc. for storage for frozen meals for senior citizens
- $2,500 to Girl Scouts - North Carolina Coastal Pines for Camp Mary Atkinson
- $4,000 to Harbor, Inc for Safe Space
- $2,500 to Johnston County Animal Protection League, Inc. for spay/neuter program continuation
- $3,500 to Johnston County Arts Council, Inc. for Artists-in-the-Schools
- $3,500 to Johnston County Industries, Inc. for Into Our Community We Will Go!
- $3,000 to Johnston County YMCA for summer day camp for middle school youth
- $2,500 to Johnston County Youth Services, Inc. for general operating support
- $2,293 to Partnership for Children of Johnston County for grade level reading campaign
- $1,500 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Johnston County
- $1,000 to Reach Out and Read for Reach Out and Read- Johnston County
- $2,500 to Serve the Need in Johnston County, Inc. for ramp building and small home repairs
- $2,000 to With Love From Jesus Ministries for food pantry
Margaret Dinubila, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Johnston County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Johnston County’s community grantmaking fund.”