The board of advisors of the Alleghany County Community Foundation announces $10,330 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund.
This year’s nonprofit recipients included:
- $500 to Appalachian State University for Appalachian Senior Programs - foster grandparent and senior companion programs
- $1,430 to Sparta School Media Center for Sparta School Battle of the Books - book purchase
- $500 to Alleghany Pregnancy Care Center for Earn While You Learn curriculum
- $1,500 to Piney Creek School for Growing Bookworms at PCS
- $1,000 to Alleghany High School Art Department for RiverReach: Make Art and Take Part
- $500 to Alleghany JAM for Alleghany JAM Grades 6-12 Expansion
- $900 to Alleghany Historical-Genealogical Society, Inc. for Making Memories: The Re-launch of "Alleghany Memories"
- $1,000 to Blue Ridge Developmental Day for general operating support
- $1,500 to Alleghany County Library for 2017-2018 community programs and events
- $500 to Alleghany Arts Council for Blue Ridge Read 2017
- $1,000 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC for partner agency support - rural delivery fees
Pratt Davis, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Alleghany County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” he said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Alleghany County’s community fund.”