The board of advisors of the Alleghany County Community Foundation announces $11,160 in local awards from the community grantmaking fund.
This year the board will grant:
- $937 to the Alleghany Arts Council for the Blue Ridge Read program
- $1,000 to the Alleghany County Library for community enrichment and educational programs and events
- $2,500 to the Alleghany County Schools Media Centers for the Alleghany County Battle of the Books program
- $2,000 to Alleghany High School CTE for the Preparing Our Students for the Future, Workplace Readiness Skills program
- $1,000 to the Alleghany Historical-Genealogical Society for the Remembering Alleghany County Through the Years program
- $500 to Alleghany JAM for performance expansion
- $500 to the Alleghany Partnership for Children for community events
- $500 to Appalachian State University for Appalachian Senior Programs
- $1,223 to Blue Ridge Developmental Day for general operating support
- $1,000 to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC for partner agency support for the Solid Rock Food Closet
Pratt Davis, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Alleghany County Community Foundation. "We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so important to our community," she said. "We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported the Alleghany County Community Foundation and our work to inspire philanthropy across our community."