The board of advisors of the Ashe County Community Foundation announces more than $4,400 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund and the Daniel Lee "Dan" Eldreth Memorial Endowment.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- $830 to Appalachian State University for Appalachian Senior Programs - foster grandparent and senior companion programs.
- $500 to the Ashe County Arts Council for Migration, a puppetry residency for students in grades 4-6.
- $1,000 to the Ashe County Public Library for Involving Books: Heroes of the Second World War.
- $750 to New River Conservancy, formerly National Committee for the New River, for New River cleanup.
- $500 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Ashe County.
- $830 to Wilkes Community College - Ashe Family Literacy for Ashe Family Literacy childcare and transportation.
Linda Slade, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Ashe County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” she said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Ashe County’s community fund.”