The North Carolina Community Foundation is pleased to announce the return of the annual Chairman’s Challenge campaign for the ninth consecutive year.
The Chairman’s Challenge is a matching gift campaign that originated from the NCCF statewide board of directors as a challenge and opportunity for local affiliate foundations to devote every November to the pivotal task of building and growing permanent philanthropic assets to support local grantmaking in communities across the state.
The Challenge has become an important force in continuing to build philanthropic funds across North Carolina. Over the last eight years, nearly $3 million has been raised to support community grantmaking across the state.
How does the Challenge work?
- The Challenge is intentionally designed to build unrestricted community grantmaking funds to continue meeting local needs.
- Every gift made to a participating affiliate’s community grantmaking fund in November receives a proportional share of the challenge match made possible by the generosity of anonymous donors.
- This mission to build permanent philanthropic funds is central to who we are as a community foundation. We’re honored to continue building permanent funds through our affiliate-led community grants program to make North Carolina stronger.
- We invite you to support a local community close to your heart through the Chairman’s Challenge. Gifts made from Nov. 1 – Nov. 30 are eligible for the proportional match.
Why is the Challenge important?
- Every gift is magnified thanks to the match. Our affiliate foundations see donations amplified thanks to the campaign’s commitment to supporting the statewide network.
- Local dollars stay local. All contributions to a local affiliate foundation’s community grantmaking fund support that community’s needs.
- Long-term sustainability is being built and real change is being affected by helping local community grantmaking capacity grow.
- The people who know a community best – our local affiliate board members – decide how these unrestricted grants will be allocated, working to best leverage resources.
How can you support the Chairman’s Challenge?
- You can give online by selecting your chosen affiliate foundation from the list under “Give to a local affiliate foundation.”
- Or you can write a check and mail it to the North Carolina Community Foundation, 3737 Glenwood Ave., Suite 460, Raleigh, NC 27612. Please note the affiliate you are supporting.
- Gifts must be submitted online or postmarked by November 30 in order to count towards the match; however, gifts received after that date will still be important contributions to the local affiliate foundation’s endowment.
- Locate your community here and learn more about how our statewide affiliate network is having an impact across North Carolina.