The board of advisors of the Granville County Community Foundation recently announced $22,850 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund, Annette Clark Endowment, Dr. and Mrs. C. Bryan Finch Endowment Fund and Science Education Fund.
This year the board granted:
- $5,000 to Area Congregations in Ministry for the lease for refrigerated truck
- $1,500 to the Autism Society of North Carolina for ASNC’s urgent needs in Granville County
- $3,500 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Central North Carolina for Triple Play - Health & Wellness Program for Mind, Body & Soul
- $3,000 to the Granville County Extension Volunteer Association for the backpack buddies program
- $2,770 to the Granville County Historical Society Museum for operational support
- $3,000 to the Granville County Local Organizing Committee Corp for SWAG tutorial services
- $1,000 to the North Carolina Symphony for music discovery for Granville County pre-schoolers
- $2,000 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Granville County
- $1,080 to TROSA (Triangle Residential Options for Substance Abusers, Inc.) for residential substance abuse recovery services for individuals from Granville County
Betsy Stovall, board president, thanked the community for its continued support of the Granville County Community Foundation. “We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so vital to the community,” she said. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported our work to inspire philanthropy across our community.”
For further information, contact NCCF Community Leadership Officer Dawn Neighbors at (910) 292-4437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.