The board of advisors of the Hoke County Community Foundation recently announced $16,390 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund and the Mary Archie NcNeill Endowment Fund.
This year the board granted:
- $1,500 to the American Red Cross Serving the Eastern NC Region for American Red Cross - Sandhills Chapter’s general operations
- $1,600 to the North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Hoke County 4-H for the 2019 Hoke County 4-H Summer Enrichment Program
- $1,000 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Hoke County
- $1,000 to Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines for Hoke County Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- $1,500 to Hoke Reading/Literacy Council for Summer Reading Buddies 2019
- $2,000 Hoke County Open Door Soup Kitchen for their operations
- $3,000 to Hoke County Association for the Developmentally Disabled, Inc. for general operations
- $4,290 to Don Steed Elementary School for Music and Art: STEAMing Ahead!
- $500 to Children’s Cancer Partners of the Carolinas for Hoke County Childhood Cancer Safety Net
Ron Huff, board president, thanked the community for its continued support of the Hoke County Community Foundation. “We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so vital to the community,” he said. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported our work to inspire philanthropy across our community.”