NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION JOB OPENING: Regional Associate, Sandhills Region
The Regional Associate serves NCCF’s affiliated community foundations in the Sandhills Region: Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph, and Rockingham counties. The Regional Associate serves as the primary liaison between NCCF and the affiliates, leading and facilitating their work to increase charitable giving in their communities, enhancing their roles as community leaders and assisting with their grantmaking. Another core component of this job entails cultivating and engaging donors in fulfilling their charitable interests. Individual currently residing in the Sandhills Region strongly preferred.
I. Affiliate Board Development and Community Leadership
- Lead and facilitate the work of local affiliate advisory boards to advance philanthropy in their communities and increase local grantmaking dollars.
- Serve as primary liaison between affiliate boards and NCCF, ensuring frequent communications.
- Plan advisory board meetings with affiliate board and committee chairs.
- Help identify opportunities for collaborative initiatives with other funders, nonprofits, local government, businesses, faith-based communities and other groups.
- Work with affiliate boards to conduct grantmaking that meets community needs and leverages opportunities for greatest impact.
- Conduct training for grantseeker organizations and maintain appropriate records.
- Seek opportunities for collaboration to advance philanthropic activities in the region.
III. Donor Engagement and Development
- Work with fundholders (donors) to implement the charitable objectives of their funds.
- Provide support to Moore Women – A Giving Circle.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date record-keeping regarding affiliate and donor funds, grant records and other stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in philanthropic or nonprofit sectors
- Strategic-thinker with proven ability to lead and implement action plans
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate local leadership and act as effective representative of NCCF
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Ability to travel throughout the region, excellent driver record required
- Ability to work during non-standard hours for meetings and events
To apply: Email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by July 7. No phone calls, please.