Below is the job description for a new opening for a regional associate serving NCCF in northeastern North Carolina.
The Regional Associate serves NCCF’s affiliated community foundations in the Northeast Region: Beaufort-Hyde, Bertie-Hertford, Chowan, Currituck-Dare, Martin, and Northern Albemarle (Camden, Gates, Pasquotank, and Perquimans). This position is the primary liaison between NCCF and the affiliates, supporting their work to increase charitable giving in their communities, enhancing their roles as community leaders, and assisting with their grantmaking. Another core component of this job entails cultivating and engaging donors in fulfilling their charitable interests. The individual selected must live in this region and, all else equal, preference will be given to current residents.
I. Affiliate Board Development
- Facilitate and support the work of local affiliate advisory boards to advance philanthropy in their communities and increase local grantmaking dollars.
- Serve as liaison between affiliate boards and NCCF, ensuring frequent communications.
- Work with affiliate board and committee chairs in planning advisory board meetings.
II. Community Leadership
- Work with affiliate advisory boards to identify needs in their communities and ways they can take leadership to address these needs.
- Identify opportunities and develop relationships for collaborative initiatives with other funders, nonprofits, local government, businesses, faith-based communities, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the affiliate boards to develop grantmaking programs to meet community needs.
- Monitor grantmaking activities of the affiliates and maintain appropriate grant files.
- Seek opportunities for collaboration to advance philanthropic activities in the region.
IV. Donor Engagement and Development
- Work with fundholders (donors) to implement the charitable objectives of their funds.
- Provide NCCF staff support to area Women’s Groups.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date recordkeeping for funds and grant records.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years work experience in philanthropic or nonprofit sectors
- Experience working with community-based boards and committees
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with ability to support local leadership and act as effective representative of NCCF
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database work
- Ability to travel throughout the region, excellent driver record required
- Ability to work during non-standard hours for meetings and events
To apply: email cover letter and resumé to Christie Fell of Elinvar by Oct. 8. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.