The board of advisors of the Watauga County Community Foundation announces $20,000 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund and the Armfield and Rachel Rivers Coffey Memorial Fund.
This year’s nonprofit recipients are:
- $2,000 to Appalachian Regional Library for WCPL local history, genealogy and digital Watauga storage cabinet
- $4,000 to Hospitality House for RISE of the High Country
- $2,000 to Hunger and Health Coalition for the Hunger and Health Coalition Food Pantry
- $2,000 to Mountain Alliance for Mountain Alliance Leadership Development Program
- $1,500 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC for Watauga County partner agency support - rural delivery fees
- $2,500 to Spirit Ride Inc. for "Insure Our Success...and Their Future"
- $3,000 to The Children's Playhouse for playhouse program support
- $1,000 to Two Rivers Community School for Mountain Adventure Program
- $2,000 to Western Youth Network for Summer Camp Program
Ryan Postlethwait, board president, thanked the community for its support of the Watauga County Community Foundation. “These grants are important to our community and our quality of life,” he said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported Watauga County’s community fund.”