The 2019 grant application period for the Carteret Community Foundation and Pearl’s Pantry Fund will be open from Friday, July 19, 2019 to NOON on Tuesday, August 20, 2019. Grants from the Carteret Community Foundation typically range from $500 to $5,000. The Foundation is seeking proposals from Carteret nonprofit organizations in support of the following purposes:
- Carteret County Unrestricted Endowment This fund enables the Carteret Community Foundation to respond to changing community needs and to enhance the quality of community life within the county through annual grants to local nonprofit organizations.
- J. O. and Ruth Barbour Memorial Fund for Elementary Education in Carteret County This fund supports reinforcement of Carteret County elementary school instruction in the basics, including reading, writing, arithmetic and penmanship; the acquisition of classroom equipment; compensation of elementary school teachers; and capital improvements to elementary school facilities (all for Carteret County public schools).
- J. O. and Ruth Barbour Memorial Fund for Wildlife Habitat Conservation This fund supports conservation projects in Carteret County that would contribute to the preservation, maintenance, or reestablishment of woodland and other natural areas that provide suitable and desirable habitats for wildlife, with particular emphasis on birdlife.
- Pearl's Pantry Fund This fund supports humanitarian needs of residents of Carteret County. Proposals for food, prescription medicines, clothing, housing, families in crisis or disaster relief will be reviewed (in that order).
- If you have not already done so, you must read the guidelines before you apply. Failure to adhere to any of these guidelines may result in your application being excluded from consideration.
- Training Module I will walk you through creating a profile; Module II shows how to add a grant application.
Click here to access our online application system. Additional information about the grants process will be available once you register.